I got too much afternoon sunlight today, so I mostly just suffered a little for a while. I'll try to remember not to do that tomorrow.
So far as what I accomplished, I messed with some recreational math; I've taken a really hard problem, and derived a simplified form of it that I still don't know how to solve, but maybe I can come at it from another angle, unlike the original problem.
I also thought about the game development tutorials that I've tried to follow, and decided that this might be another case for putting together monorepo, like I did for the virtual tabletop stuff, so when I find myself needing to solve similar problems, I can just reach for the code, without copy-paste or a formal repo.
Somewhat unfortunately, the first thing I feel like I want to try putting in there is some experimental code I wrote a few years ago that was just, really bad. And I have some ideas for improving it, but I don't know of anything that would address the core issue, which is that it was just really not performant at all. I think I'm being led astray by a gut feeling that I can make it more efficient. Maybe this time I can figure out why I'm wrong about it.
Anyway, my head still hurts, and maybe if I wrap up now, I can do something about that.