Diary 2019-03-16

By Max Woerner Chase

Finally heard back about the Erlang exercise stuff. Needs work, but they were really diplomatic about it.

Anyway, I tried to understand reStructuredText Augmented, but I couldn't, so I looked into writing a mypy plugin for Structured Data, but it was late and I didn't feel like starting up a new repo, so I instead tried to increase the mypy coverage for Structured Data. This was mostly straightforward until it really wasn't. Calling the adt decorator ultimately invokes a dense thicket of introspection and metaprogramming; I'm actually not sure what type mypy is inferring for some of these functions, if any.

Before I do any more of this fanciness, I should probably work on improving the documentation. Most of the concepts exist basically completely within about a hundred test cases, which isn't a great way to read them, especially since they're not in the actual documentation. I'll try to base stuff off the dataclasses documentation, to start with.

It's really late and I don't have a good way to end this post.