- Wednesday: I started messing with Earley parsers, just trying to get a handle on how they work.
- Thursday: I had some ideas about trying to simplify the presentation of the loops involved, but I didn't have the code in a state where I could actually do it at that point. (It may be possible now.)
- Friday: I took a step back, wrote up the state of the code at the time, and wrote some helpful functions.
- Saturday: I just kind of relaxed.
- Sunday: I started to better understand the tutorial's explanation of how everything fit together, and I started cleaning up the code.
- Monday: I wrote up my major divergences from the tutorial code, and tried to restate the tutorial so I understood it better, with no expectation that this will make things clearer to anyone else.
Next week, I might change focus again. It'd be nice to get the Earley parser to a state where it can do approximately what the tutorial's parser does by the end.