- Wednesday: I laid out what I knew about pip's new resolver, and what I want to change. (This is in line with an existing issue.)
- Thursday: I did a little research on pip, while sick with... something.
- Friday: I started sketching out what needs to happen for the feature I want to add to pip.
- Saturday: I went into more detail, and asked and answered some new (to me) questions.
- Sunday: I didn't write up much, just posted on the GitHub issue.
- Monday: I got a response on GitHub, which has given me a full initial plan for the changes I want to make to pip.
Next week, I'm going to work on asking as many questions up-front as I can think of, and converting them to tests before doing work on pip itself.
Before that, I should probably figure out how to get all of the tests to pass in the first place. That'll be... interesting. Good thing I don't have to do that right now!