In the past week, I wrote the following posts:
- Music Theory Monday: Not a great start. I'm planning to retreat into number theory a bit more for next week.
- Free-Topic Tuesday: I wrote about some fiddly details of Rust. I don't know if it edified anyone else, but I got stuff out of it.
- Site Design Wednesday: I pulled styling from Better Motherfucking Website, then ignored any ideals of minimalism with some incredibly elaborate flexbox usage. I had fun with Block Element Modifier, and did not have fun with Pygments.
- Linked Seas Thursday: I talked about the elvish empire, then resolved to write software worthy of containing my creative genius.
- Draw a Box Friday: Nobody is more anxious than I am for me to finally draw a dang box.
- Homunculus Saturday: My writeup of why I'm worried about touching the code is nearly half as long as the code in question.
In addition, I redid my publishing flow some. I took the pelican-generated makefile I hadn't been using, translated part of it into messy Python, added more Python to interface with undocumented-as-far-as-I-can-tell parts of the Neocities API. The end goal is to have a nice framework for pulling in and manipulating other data, so I can use other generators in concert with pelican, and do some sanity checks before building. I want all this by next Thursday, so I can be publishing Conworld Codex documentation here. (At some point I'll put it on GitHub and it can have documentation somewhere more obvious.) I also looked up and did the tweaks needed to use external HTML, with processing disabled (so I can use stuff like LDoc) locally (so I can try to write articles and pages in the form of tiddlywikis, because that sounds hilarious). Doing that also needs some hg ignores. I also got tmuxinator set up, and tried to get back into neovim. Basically, it's been a few days of mad scramble to get tooling ready for the stuff I want to do.