I finished up my last workday of the year. Time to unwind for a while, because that was exhausting.
I realized today that I'm mildly interested in learning more about Erlang, and I further realized that I have some Erlang books on my Kindle. When one of the ridiculous number of digital artifacts I own happens to be something I get interested in at a later time, it... probably doesn't justify the ridiculous number, but it's nice, I guess. Anyway, I ended up noticing that I'd failed to categorize a bunch of the books on there, so I went through my downloaded books and sorted them out. I ran across a few books I'd like to check out further in the future: some programming books that might be interesting, and some books that I started reading and then got distracted from my Kindle.
My plans, now that I have free time:
- sketch out the sprites required for tic-tac-toe in PICO-8. I'm leaning towards 3x3 marks and one-wide gridlines.
- finish reading the book about genetics
- create a reading list from the books I have on the Kindle
- also buy the books MacIver mentioned, and get them on my Kindle and in the list
- also, while I'm buying things, I was thinking I'd like to have more Lemon Demon songs easily accessible, might try to use Bandcamp again. I remember I stopped because the flow for buying from a bunch of artists was, um, bad, and kept freezing my card, while some asshole used my card to buy as-seen-on-TV homeopathic wart cure and the bank went "Huh, seems legit". But, rants about fraud prevention aside, if I just buy from one artist, it shouldn't do that. I think.
It'd be cool if I had a more concrete thing I'd done to talk about, but frankly I have been fried all week. Good night.