I spent all day doing stuff that I mostly don't intend to write about here.
Scattered thoughts on the first episode of MST3K season 12:
- Nobody actually accuses Eric of doing the stuff MAC does. He just kind of assumes they do, for some reason, and nobody reacts to his protestations of innocence.
- "You sucked him up into the vacuum cleaner?" Well, when you put it that way, it sounds stupid.
- The Mike and Eric interactions are kind of like if Stranger Things possessed no energy of any kind, and you were watching it in Hell. (Is it crass for one Netflix show to directly mention another?)
- White Diamond made some questionable career choices.
- The strongest impression I have of the movie is that the main criterion for whether the script was done seems to have been, had they shoved in enough unconnected scenes to get the page count high enough?
My wife sent me some online roleplaying rules that she wants to try to make into a tabletop thing, but we haven't really discussed them yet.