I got a late start today, but I have the first version of the glossary put together. Next version: put spellings to words and use those.
Getting actual pronounceable spellings does feel like something I want to get on soon; I started trying to put together a basic lesson to give me some idea of how to structure the grammar, and using just placeholders here feels kind of empty.
I'm probably too sleepy right now to handle this well, but here are some ideas:
- Put together a list of the grammatical changes that have taken place since the ancestral form
- Mark particular changes as likely to result in the re-analysis of words
- Place candidate sound changes in relation to all of this.
- Work out general flow for lexicon entries through all of this.
- Start trying stuff out in the ancestral language and see where it ends up.
I should get on this earlier tomorrow, it seems like a lot of work.