Okay, I think I've addressed the issues with MOTR enough to make all of the tests pass. I've also managed to figure out a possible fix for some of the pylint issues I was seeing, but I want someone who knows the code in question to comment on my suggestions, in case I'm totally off-base. They'll get to it when they get to it.
For now, I've got a lot of documentation to update. I think for now, I'll tweak the configuration a little, and start documenting stuff tomorrow, maybe changing stuff tomorrow if the documentation inspires me. Hopefully restricting those changes to covered code.
Anyway, right now I need to get ready for bed.