Okay. I've updated MOTR and pushed a version that has some problems, but it works. This also dragged along some half-finished and broken code in the motrfile, but it's dead code and this is pre-1.0, so I don't care too much about that yet.
Basically, I've cut down on the external logging for now, in order to avoid naming the output files. This is making the output kind of cluttered, but I can live with that for now, and work on writing pretty-printing code later.
Working on the code like this made realize that there are a few areas I want to focus on:
- See if I can eliminate or cut down on imports that are only used in annotations.
- Rewrite the remaining imports in some fashion, because I'm finally not liking the whole "import everything by its full path" thing.
- Investigate passing Output objects into the cmd function. This would let me avoid some type system weirdness that I patched in in desperation.
- Define exactly what's supposed to be in the sdist. flit build gets nearly everything, and pyproject-build gets a pretty minimal set. I think the thing to do is figure out how to build up what pyproject-build gets, and look into switching to it for general usage. This makes sense since I want to use pyproject-build in the motrfile, so I might as well also use it in the publishing workflow.
I should also be focusing more on the pyproject-build Action, and writing code to deal with the Package classes that are currently half-baked at best. Anyway, I want to wind down now.