- Wednesday: I started getting serious about another conlang.
- Thursday: I thought about romanization systems for the conlang, and talked myself into continuing with my initial impulses there.
- Friday: I did some work on one of my tiny utility packages, to extend it with functionality that helps in a build-system-like environment.
- Saturday: I decided to stop using "Pijul has alpha version weirdness" as an excuse to not commit code, and started working on my build-system-but-not-really concept, using Mercurial. (Mercurial has changed, like, a lot in the however-many-years it's been since I used it professionally, but backwards compatibility guarantees mean those differences are mostly hidden. I'm going to have to really familiarize myself with it sometime.) I'm also trying out Cement, to see how it compares to other command-line frameworks and libraries in Python.
- Sunday: I put a bow on top of my pip PR. The code is going into the next release, I think. I also did more tooling work, because not only does towncrier call out to Git, but the allowed values for one of the command line arguments are exactly the Git branches in the current repository. This makes things... interesting, if you're like me and don't want to use Git. I haven't tested the functionality yet, because by my standards, the default Cement template is kind of a mess, and until I clean it up, towncrier can't work against the repository.
- Monday: I decided to set up a ticketing system so I can name my news fragments the way towncrier expects.
Next week, I'm going to be doing a lot of cleanup, now that I have a local trac instance set up. Probably conlang stuff, and definitely learning about towncrier and the last 5+ years of Mercurial features.