- Wednesday: I took a closer look at what needs to be done to get the changes I want to make to pip done.
- Thursday: I updated my clone, and complained about what I perceive as a mismatch between git's behavior and documentation.
- Friday: I took it easy, apparently.
- Saturday: I took it easy again, but it didn't quite take.
- Sunday: I took a first look at another part of pip's codebase, and things didn't look good.
- Monday: On my second look, things look much better, and I've got a plan that might work, I just need to evaluate it to make sure it really makes sense. At a quick glance just now, I'm definitely more confident in all of this.
Next week, I'll get back to pip at some point. One thing I'll have to do is add marks to some of my tests that rely on features that I assumed were implemented, but are not yet.