- Wednesday: I laid out my design concept for serializer methods, and thereby realized that I didn't want to use that concept.
- Thursday: I started working on type stubs for a third-party serialization library
- Friday: I sketched out what functionality I want from serializer validation. (That is, validation of the serializer, not validation performed by the serializer.)
- Saturday: I sketched out requirements for what exactly the serializer validation should look for.
- Sunday: I pondered how the new module that has all of this stuff feels too big already.
- Monday: I let things go until after minight and rushed out a post.
Next week, I'm going to experiment with what I can do with tkinter. One thing I'm pretty sure I can do is integrate it with Trio, which should give me the ability to avoid explicitly breaking up big functions: just write helper functions that kick stuff off, then use a channel or an event or something. (It looks like other people have looked into the general idea of Trio + tkinter, and run into caveats.) I need to get more experienced with tkinter first, and see how far I can push it to work with my existing message passing stuff.