- Wednesday: I decided to try and showcase using Structured Data to solve problems.
- Thursday: I put together a proof of concept for using Structured Data, but it was iffy enough that I don't think I actually pushed it... I ended up deciding that my attempt justified getting the alternative function definition idea implemented.
- Friday: I sketched out designs for the function feature, and started working on condensing the various things I'm using as writing aids.
- Saturday: I discovered that I like laying out tree data in spreadsheets, did some more design work for Structured Data, and started messing with some recreational math.
- Sunday: I made progress on condensing stuff, and I put together a scary-looking prototype for the Structured Data feature. I pledged that I'd write tests for the feature and reimplement the prototype as required, rather than just paste it in and go.
- Monday: I just pasted it in and went. I also thought about some of the code metrics that services provide, and whether they make sense. Finally, all of the condensed rules are probably ready to print, but we're skeptical that the printer can handle it, so I'm holding off on printing it right now.
Since then, I've applied some of the stuff I learned implementing the function dispatch feature to simplify the implementation of the Product class. No definite results on the math front; I'm working on reducing the search space.
Next week, I'd like to try doing some essay-writing on code metrics. That might take a while.