In this post:
- My current scaled-back goals
- Some future goals, explicitly out of scope for the first version of the theme
I've been looking into web design principles and practice, and I've come to a conclusion regarding my initial design. I need to scale way back in terms of how fancy the styling is.
Where I'm at right now is:
- two-column design with a header and footer
- first column is the post, second column is the metadata and various navigation elements that must go somewhere
- everything is just at some position and size; nothing fancy in the way of auto-adjusting stuff to start with
Things to consider adding later:
- translation fanciness; I have some ideas that sound weird to me, but would allow for consistent handling of...
- custom content for tag, category, and author pages; Pelican doesn't obviously support this, but the non-obvious ways aren't that non-obvious
The big thing I want for next week is to try out the two-column layout and see how it feels.