In this post:
- Ideas for changing up the blogging process.
- A giant list off started projects, and my feelings on them.
- An attempt to sort all of that by dependencies, and rough interest on my part.
Earlier, I mentioned possibly bringing in more agile process to these weekly things I'm doing. Something like, try and bring back the trello (which was making less sense when I moved to a more restricted set of weekly topics), and start trying to scope stuff for the various projects.
I'd basically divide things into:
- Quick hit
- Not too bad
- Theme (Complicated enough to build a week around)
- Week (Complicated enough to take up a week on its own)
And note projects thus:
- Structured Data: shelved for now
- Conworld Codex: oh geez, I left off trying to find a UI library I liked... Focus on that at some point, I guess
- Demiurgent Business: I could come back to this, but I don't currently feel like it
- GDP Rust: active development
- Homunculus: I would approach this from the angle of improving Rust's TDL bindings
- Linked Seas: I want to focus on the RIP first
- Mon Free: explicitly blocked on Homunculus progress
- Tiny Music: I want to get better at API stuff from the core of GDP first, then I'll look over this
- Romance Instrumentality Project: I've got other stuff I want to read first
- The Cabin: oh man, this is from when I was trying to put in accurate timestamps. Anyway, I can work on this, I just don't have any ideas currently
- Python Augmented: going to have to psych myself up to stick this in a vcs and just start hacking on it
- Time Travel CCMWG: this is amazing and I have no idea how to make it a thing
- Shine Whave: pffft
- Revisiting the "online media affordances" stuff. I want to take a different tack on this.
And some things I don't have posts on:
- Thoughts on effective horror, inspired by a movie that was very... ineffective
- The One-Man Institute, no longer of Inapplicable Physics, but now of Counterfactual Experimentalism. I believe the institute's goals are served, not by pretending to understand General Relativity and Quantum Mechanics, but by pretending to understand lots of things
- Trying to write libraries for nicer newtypes in Rust
- An unnamed board game idea: not really fleshed out, chain of inspiration goes back to Jumanji, which, huh, they made another Jumanji movie last year, how about that, I was unaware
- Jedi improvements: I should give this a week sometime, I don't know really
So, stuff to do:
- Tiny Music
- Try to help bind TDL
- Mon Free
- Reading that doesn't get a post
- Python Augmented
- Effective horror
- Online media
- Demiurgent Business
- Conworld Codex
- Linked Seas (also depends on RIP)
- The Cabin
- Shine Whave I guess
- Untitled Game
With so many things to look into, I kind of want to take a week sometime to just scope things out and spec them into tasks within each project.