In this post:
- What I think about this last week, all in all.
- How well I followed the plan.
- Reasonable near-term goals.
- Thoughts on further-out improvements.
This week, I gave myself a bunch of goals, and I wasn't sure how many of them I was going to hit.
I gave myself the goal of retiring Divide and Cover, and I more-or-less got that done. I'll have to look into finessing the reporting in the Coverage prereleases.
I also had goals of trying out PlUnit, GitHub Desktop, and Bors. Bors is cool, though I'd make better use of it on a project with better tests than what I've done so far. PlUnit is fine, minimal without feeling like it's missing anything, though I'm not sure I'm using it as expected right now. I'm going to have to try out GitHub Desktop at work, because I don't have a sense, from working on my own, how it compares to the various command-line utilities I've tried. I hit most of the goals I set for myself, except for the stuff related to finding bugs.
To make any progress on the bug/improved behavior front, I'll have to write up the algorithmic properties of the various predicates, maybe do some experimentation.
Long-term, I don't know how far I'll go with this, since it takes a fair bit of effort to get this to "as functional as the built-in stuff". I'll probably keep at this as a way to learn more about Prolog's ecosystem.
Next week, perhaps I'll pull out the other thing I did this weekend.