In this post:
- I don't think there's much exciting to write about.
- But I tried.
- I made some improvements to Structured Data.
- But it can be better.
- And maybe it just needs me to try to actually use it.
So, I spent all day noodling around with Structured Data. I think I have to just try to use it now, and start opening bugs against myself. But it turns out that sometimes, stuff that's satisfying to code, doesn't provide a good angle for writing about. I mean I can try.
My basic goal with the changes I was making was to break the single big module I had everything in before, into several smaller modules with a tighter focus in each. One thing that happened as a result of this goal was that I created a bunch of internal modules, some of them quite small, to implement functionality that didn't convincingly belong to one public module or the other. I think separating the modules helped the code, because it made it more obvious which helper code applied to which publicly visible code, and reduced the clutter in the modules.
I think one thing that would improve things further is, each module, even the internal ones, has a value for __all__ that has the notional interface of the module. I should make sure that everything in those __all__ lists is documented, so it's clear what the exported functions and such are for.
Let's see about getting these issues in, so I don't forget about them, on account of it's almost midnight now.
Next time, I wrap this week up.