GDP Rust Development 2018-09-09

By Max Woerner Chase

In this post:


To be honest, I kind of took things easy today, but I did improve things somewhat.

I took the name macro from processing pub DefaultCmp to pub struct DefaultCmp; which is a little more verbose, but also communicates intent more clearly, without requiring an intuitive knowledge of what the macro does.

While I was working on that, I realized even moreso how brittle the current macros are, and tried to improve on it. Sadly, the result is broken when it tries to actually evaluate. I think if I want to keep developing this, I'm going to have to switch to nightly until 1.30 lands, because I want to stop messing around with weird brittle hacks. 1.30 stabilizes the macro_vis_matcher feature, which should allow me to seriously reduce the size and redundancy of these macros.

... Huh. That didn't help as much as I thought it would. I think I'm going to have to ask the forums for help, because the macro_rules implementation is overall a huge pain so far.


Next time, I go over this week.