In this post:
- Post delayed on account of Minecraft.
- I did some texturings, then returned to working on my ellipse techniques.
This week, I have drawn:
- A few more texturings on dissections on December 20. So far, I'm feeling like the outside textures have been not terribly close to the reference image, but they look passably like the general category. My inside textures have been hit-or-miss at best. I think I'm missing something obvious in terms of how to lay stuff out inside the dissection.
- I went too late to do good work on December 21, so I guess I'll just try harder tomorrow.
- I did a few more texturings on December 22. I feel like some of the textures came out more properly evocative this time, but I'm not sure I had the spatial illusion working well. Also, some of them just came out badly. Guess I'll keep on practicing.
- A few more texturings on December 23. I feel like these suffered some from being on a thinner form than the previous ones, and also the fact that I'm still not very good at this. I know I should be trying to challenge myself so I can improve, but I feel like I haven't yet improved enough to make stuff I'll be satisfied with for purposes besides practice.
- A few more texturings on December 24. I think tomorrow I'll review the other exercises and take a break from texturing, maybe track down some more reference images.
- I took a break from texturing and drew ellipses on December 25. I think I've figured out one of the things holding me back from drawing ellipses well under some circumstances, and started practicing the things I've been missing. I know I wasn't using my muscles this way before because now they hurt a lot.
- I drew a few circles shortly after December 26. Delayed on account of Minecraft.
Next week, the entry will be about the same, hopefully with less Minecraft-related delays.