In this post:
This week, I have drawn:
- Circles and ellipses on December 13. On a whim, I reversed the direction of the ellipse tilts, and thereby discovered that that matters. I'm going to have to practice ellipses tilted "the other way" a bunch. So many weird holes in the fundamentals that I can miss.
- More tilted ellipses on December 14. They're gradually getting shaped less like capsules, I think.
- I drew more ellipses on December 15. They still kind of look like capsules, so I got frustrated, and tried doing some of the basic exercises with my off-hand. That was... something. I wonder if I could get not-terrible with that hand, then use two identical pens to draw stuff in stereographic mode by drawing each half of the image simultaneously. Probably not, but it's an amusing thought.
- I drew more ellipses on December 16. I'm not getting a sense of improvement from this, and also I have to move on because I used up this template.
- I did some somewhat random doodles of various exercises on December 17. I'm going to try revisiting the Lesson 2 stuff, try to get the full scope of that, and then start branching out and applying the fundamentals to whatever catches my fancy.
- I drew the base shapes for a page of dissections on December 18. It's late now, so I'll get textures tomorrow.
- I got some textures and textured two sections on December 19. I'm not happy with how they came out, I think I needed to be paying closer attention to the texture references. I didn't get much done tonight, but I wanted to wrap things up for now, because tomorrow is the last workday of the year for me and I want to sleep so I can get to it faster so I can get it over with faster.
Next week, the entry will be about the same.