In this post:
- I get corrected by the course.
Since I finished the ??? sheet, I have drawn:
- Finished the eighteenth sheet on November 29.
- I've covered the nineteenth sheet in iffy attempts on November 30. Looking over the site in more detail, I've realized that, as was probably obvious to people more familiar with the intended usage of the Draw A Box lessons, I was doing this kind of wrong. Therefore, when I finish this sheet, I'm going to then go back to the beginning and review things. Not more sheets, but revisiting the exercises. Once I work my way back up to organic forms, and do two more full sheets of those only, I'll continue on in Lesson 2.
- I filled the nineteenth sheet on December 1. I think I started doing better than yesterday, but I don't really know. Tomorrow, instead of moving on, it's time to refresh the basics.
- I traced through lines and doodled organic forms on December 2. Contra the organic forms advice, it seems to me like somewhat complicated forms are the way to go, because the greater visual interest makes it easier for me to ascribe depth to them.
- I freehanded lines on December 3, and forgot to write it up that day.
- I drew planes, then put ellipses in them, on December 4. I'm going to have to revisit these exercises later; I think I can do better on both.
- I drew some circles inside rectangles on December 5. I'm seeing a need to come back to this exercise and do more of the freehand circle stuff, so I guess that's where I'll be for a bit.
Next week, I keep on reviewing the basics.