In this post:
- A bunch of perspective exercises.
Since I finished the ??? sheet, I have drawn:
- I did a bit more of Plotted 2 Point Perspective on November 1. Sadly, my improvised straightedge is losing integrity, so I should probably switch to a closer-together pair of vanishing points. I also realized today that I was doing the single-point perspective exercise kind of wrong. I was ghosting the non-perspective lines, but I should have been ghosting all of the freehand lines. Doing that should improve the quality considerably.
- A little more on November 2. I did some extreme perspective effects, and it's kind of instructive what these kinds of transformations will do to a rectangle. Got me staring confused at the corners of the walls, so that's something, I guess.
- A little more on November 3. I'm trying to focus on not drawing extra line right now, just because when I do a thing enough, I start trying to reduce effort.
- Finished the second Plotted 2 Point Perspective sheet, then switched back to the first single-point perspective sheet on November 4. The results on that sheet were kind of underwhelming to start with, so I'm going to come back to it later.
- Did somewhat better in the third quadrant on November 5. Needs more practice, to be sure, and it'd be nice if I weren't dealing with the time change.
- I finished whichever sheet that was, I've lost track, on November 6. I think I'm improving, but there's another sheet to go before I can move on.
- I started on the next sheet on November 7, more single-point stuff. I got a late start, so I didn't get a full quadrant done, oh well.
Next week, the entry will be about the same.