In this post:
- I'm almost ready to draw a box.
Since I finished the seventh sheet, I have drawn:
- More freehanded ellipses as of October 18. I don't count these among the sheets. My big revelation doing this was that I get good results if I end the ellipse a little after the point where I start it, instead of trying to loop exactly.
- About 50 ellipses on the fourth sheet on October 19. On the one hand, it's nice to see that I've come so far in a month; I just need to keep practicing these basics and I'll get them. On the other hand, this is a callout post for my past self, for drawing so many weird quadrilaterals.
- The other ~50 ellipses on the fourth sheet shortly after October 20. Looking at these now, I see that I kind of messed up the perspective lines for all but the simplest ones. I kind of want to look into perspective techniques or math, and do a third sheet of planes later.
- 50 ellipses on the fifth sheet on October 21.
- About 50 ellipses on the fifth sheet on October 22.
- Counting is a pain, so I just got, the rest, on October 23.
- The eighth sheet on October 24. I'm seeing definite patterns of undesired lumpiness in my ellipses. For this exercise, it looked a little better when I started on the funnel, usually.
Next week, DRAWING BOXES?!?!