In this post:
- I drew a bunch of ellipses, and was only happy with, like, at most two dozen of them.
Since I started the sixth sheet, I have drawn:
- 3/18 rows as of October 11. Early ellipses look bad, guess that's why I'm drawing a bunch.
- 6/18 rows as of October 12. I hope I get a sense of approaching this differently at some point, because it feels like so far I've made the same mistakes two days in a row. If I don't have something solid when I'm done with this sheet, I'm going to try shaking things up.
- 12/18 rows as of October 13. I did extra today to try to get more practice at once. Not sure it helped.
- 18/18 rows as of October 14. That's one sheet done, and I think I want to practice a little differently before I start the next one. I want to try doodling general spirals for a bit, try to get better at coordinating symmetric curves.
- A bunch of freehanded circles and ellipses on October 15. I traced a few, freehanded some more, and now I'm feeling good to go back to the exercises.
- 9/18 rows as of October 16. I'm certainly doing these with more ease, but I don't know if they're improving. I might need to intersperse these ellipse exercises with later ones when I get past them.
- 18/18 rows as of October 17. I did these faster, and on the back of my laptop. I'm interested in going further with drawing circles fast. I'm not interested in drawing anything else using the back of my laptop.
Next week, I'm not sure what I'll be doing, but it won't be what I just did.