Today, I ended up really distracted. I watched a bunch of videos on music theory, which had me wanting to try composing again. Some of the stuff I was looking at I can explain by "well, I wanted to learn new tools for this". Other stuff, I was looking at just because.
I didn't "get much done", but the bigger problem was that I was aggressively multi-tasking, which is really bad for actually accomplishing things.
- I was messing with xenharmonic scales, and ended up with one that I'm curious if it can be made any good; I followed sensible-sounding rules to end up at a weird-looking scale.
- For trying stuff out with xenharmonic (and possibly algorithmic in general) composition, I decided to try learning CSound.
- I was taking another look at Toki Pona, just because.
- I didn't do any work on the story I've been writing.
- I didn't work on any Structured Data issues.
Tomorrow, I'm going to try using the Pomodoro Technique or something, because there is no point in rapidly alternating between two conlang primers and a reference manual for a programming language that reminds me of what little I know of Fortran.
All in all, this could have gone better, and I'll try to do better. Good night.