Quick entry because I spent all the time I could have spent on other stuff, working on one thing. And that thing was: an initial draft of a cover of Stronger Than You for the PICO-8. I got extremely lucky here, in that I was able to fit the sheet music I was working with into 63 out of the 64 provided SFX. (I had been thinking about trying to add accompanying sound effects, but HAHA NOPE) The next step for this is to evaluate the instruments and effects to see if there's any improvement to be had over triangle waves with no effects except fade outs and fast arpeggios.
The next step for now is to sleep, and maybe later try to figure out how I want to organize things.