Coding 2022-03-12

By Max Woerner Chase

Am I up for working on MOTR right now? I don't know, but I want to try. I'll get to writing tomorrow.

Anyway, the first step to updating the existing wrapper modules is to update the types.

But before I do that, I want to try and remember how different Python versions are supposed to work.

So, Python version is set on the Pip class, which implements the Installer protocol. So, to figure out what's up, I need to search for usages of that protocol. It's just used in, to... Handle stuff related to CmdMeta.installer_registry. So, what's populating that? And, looking at that, I'm not sure whether I'm populating the version field yet, but I can worry about that later, because the important thing is how these functions interact, and I've confirmed that I have the capability to specify the versions the way I want.

Anyway, let's see...

I've got these _arguments.Option[] types that need to be changed around to be wrapped in _invocation.Static[]. Let's see about that...

Okay, that's done, so the next to look at is turning my sketches from last time into actual code.

And, it worked until it didn't. Something was weird with the new decorator, but I dealt with it by removing some code paths I didn't need. I should probably do that with the other decorators, because I really didn't need some of the utility code I wrote.

At this point, there are a few things I can look into, but it's pretty late and I think I'm done for the night.

Good night.