I lost some time today because I was trying to do a backup. (I'll try again after I publish this.)
Anyway, today I did the following:
- Renamed the old Installer type so I can work on the new one without too much disruption.
- Created the new Installer Protocol.
- Created the InstallerRegistry type, and a helper function.
- Created the Installation Protocol.
- Added an InstallerRegistry field to CmdMeta, preserving the old fields for now.
There are a few possible directions to go from here:
- Create Protocol instances for pip/virtualenv
- Write the helper methods to process the new CmdMeta container types into types that are usable by the lower layers of abstraction
Everything else I can think to do requires one of those two to be done, and it's getting late, so I'm going to wrap up and try backing up again.