All right. I haven't been doing super great with organization after that migraine, so I didn't have time for much tonight.
I did get bump2version set up and I did some basic tests via the -dry-run option. The --verbose output from that is a little confusing, because it doesn't distinguish between "not tagging because it's dry-run" (true) and "not tagging because it's disabled in the configuration" (should also be true).
Actually, this output is misleading enough that I'm going to enter an issue for it.
And, that's about all I have time for. Time to watch some videos about doing horrible things to video games, and I'll try to verify my workflow assumptions later, when I don't need spell-check holding my hand quite so much...