After I messed around with pyglet earlier, I decided to follow along with their tutorial for a simple game. Now, judging by how I handled the first part, and how Dennis came about, I'm apparently constitutionally incapable of following a game-dev tutorial for Python without throwing in countless refactoring attempts.
I've refrained from using the event dispatcher I wrote earlier, but I'm definitely going to be keeping an eye out as the tutorial gets more sophisticated, seeing if it makes sense to use it anywhere.
Still kind of psyching myself up to try fixing the Ink bug I was looking into. My intuition says that the changes to behavior should be relatively straightforward, and that level of optimism regarding parts of the codebase I haven't really looked at puts my other intuition on edge.
I'll hopefully have made an attempt by the weekend. For now, I should wind down.