Coding 2020-05-22

By Max Woerner Chase

I got a little further with the port. Looking at what I encode, it's just a little further before most of the deserialization code falls into place.

It occurs to me that there hasn't really been much going on in these coding posts. I should figure out something I can do with screenshots or video when this is more fully-featured.

Anyway, I talked up how close I was to done, enough that I decided to get it over with, and now, in spite of some glaring omissions in the code, the test passes. Let's see what's in line for tomorrow...

Hm, looking at these tests, I don't have a sense for what'll fail. I think tomorrow might be a good time to work on reducing test boilerplate. Then, try out an idea I had to just port over all of the rest of the tests now, and mark them xfail so I can selectively enable them and avoid switching between the test files in the two projects.

Anyway, I'm super tired, so I guess I'm done for now.

Good night.