I decided today that I wanted to switch gears from the auto-roller to revisiting my attempt to port Ink to Python. I ended up getting on that kind of late in the day, and it went kind of like this:
- Update repo
- Realize I'd been in the middle of some changes
- Turns out the repo is corrupted
- Fix it using an arbitrary sequence of steps that kind of seems like it maybe shouldn't work, but does
- I should probably get my online backups synchronized before I mess with this any more
- ... He said, by typing into a new file that exists in the same directory tree.
Anyway, migrating to flit in the middle of whatever I'd been doing seems to have worked, so I just need to work out what I was doing and finish doing it. That's going to have to be tomorrow or later, because right now my backups are busy synching a bunch of files that they absolutely should not be synching, but whatever. I'm going to try something with this repo to deal with that, and if it works, I'll do it for the other repos. Basically, I'm pretty sure this doesn't follow symlinks, even if it sometimes looks like it says it does. So, volatile folders should be symlinked to outside of the backed-up directories. I probably should have done this all the way in the first place, with no half measures, but, effort.
Anyway, I'm going to try to let this finish up, then wrap up for tonight and get to actual work on this stuff tomorrow.