Things are going okay with the porting effort. I started over, and I've gotten further now, with fewer obvious roadblocks. Now that I understand the code better, I did attempt some "refactors", which may have been a bad decision, but eh. What's left to do is to fill in some of the functions and write some scaffolding for creating the data.
Not much else to say on this.
I also went into the standalone ECS project I mentioned a while ago, and reversed one of the decisions I made in the port. The idea there is to make it easier in the future to support stuff like indices and other modifications to a component's storage. All there was to do for this now was to create a wrapper class that can have optional arguments added later. Pretty simple.
Anyway, I'm done for the night. Extremely done.