In this post:
- What I think about this last week, all in all.
- How well I followed the plan.
- Reasonable near-term goals.
- Thoughts on further-out improvements.
So, this week, I figured I had Structured Data in a sensible enough form to start using it in my other projects.
I promptly generated a deluge of feature requests for myself.
And rewrote the syntax.
I kind of tried to stay on track, but I did end up on an awful lot of digressions related to getting more advanced logic into the matching facilities. There's a chance I'll end up with a full DSL into which I just rewrite most of Homunculus.
Speaking as an engineer of some kind, I like how this week turned out because it was fun to hack on this stuff. Like, it would have been nice to get a little further, but I got Structured Data into a nicer condition, and I'm happy with that.
My plan is to move forward is to wait a bit, think things over, implement transformers, and then try to use them.
Next week, I go on vacation, because I'd rather not try to get this to fit around a trip.